Thursday, 13 March 2008

Killing time in Siem Reap murmuring

Loitering around in Vietname, Laos and Cambodia.

Travelling has always been a humbling experience (cliche ^.^). Indeed my world is so small. There are so many different realities within such a short flying distance from home.

Four more days to go and I'll be back home. It's a 23-day trip this time. Doesn't feel that long. Ain't homesick. Just having too many things to digest and pray about and learn more of. And, the trip started with me and another gal, adding two guys from Hong Kong, then 2 guys from the States, then 1 gal from India, and some local people from time to time. And then, the 2 guys and 1 gal left first, then 1 guy from HK, then the other guy from HK, leaving 2 of us like how it started. Feeling a bit lost though strictly speaking it's not missing. Just strange.

Will I be able to adjust back to life in HK? I hope I won't cross the roads in the way we do in these places and get killed.

This is the first time that I've written a full book of journey and notes before the trip ends. So, my travelogue Mekong-3-bo (Mekong 3 treasures) will be quite something ^.^ I can't imagine that it will be longer than my pieces on Papua New Guinea, Northwest Yunnan, and Central Europe. God knows when it can be completed though. Anyhow, stay tuned.

No comments: