Tuesday, 28 July 2009

被反智勢力 KO*

平常上班日,尤其已經夜媽媽,我是不會順從寫字的誘惑,但今晚例外,因為迫切,唔寫唔舒服。

一切要由這一條近日開始在 facebook status line 流傳的的文字說起:
Facebook has agreed to let a third party advertisers use your posted pictures without your permission. - Click on SETTINGS >> PRIVACY Settings >> NEWS FEEDS AND WALL >> FACEBOOK ADS tab. - There is a drop down box, select NO ONE and SAVE your changes. (REPOST to let your friends know)
很明顯有「好心人」把這翻譯了過來:
請注意!Facebook 已同意第三者廣告商任意運用你地係 Facebook 入面嘅相片,請 Click Settings 入面嘅 Privacy Settings,再選擇 News Feeds & Wall,選擇 Facebook Ads 嗰頁,係 drop down box 選擇 No One 再 Save changes。咁就可以避免你嘅相係其他網站廣告出現......(煩請自己 copy 開去,通知你們嘅好友)
由於首次看見這條是在一個我心目中的勁人(還是IT人)的 status line,所以即使這段文字的格調像極了叫人「傳給你的朋友」的電郵流料,我還是趕快去改了自己的 setting。然後,回頭看一看,咦,Facebook Ads tab 是這樣說的啊:
Facebook occasionally pairs advertisements with relevant social actions from a user's friends to create Facebook Ads. Facebook Ads make advertisements more interesting and more tailored to you and your friends. These respect all privacy rules. You may opt out of appearing in your friends' Facebook Ads below.
簡單來說,這個 setting 跟那條 status line 所講的內容是兩回事。所以,我又轉回原來的setting,然後上網左查右查。昨天的 search results 主要還是成千上萬信徒的 repost,今晚則似乎多了報導和研究。簡單來說,不是你的 privacy 完全沒有問題,但不是跟這setting 有關,也不是這個 setting 可以解決。

延伸閱讀--兩篇比較易明的參考:[1] [2]

其實,以訛傳訛自古就有,流料 chain letters 也大槪自從有電郵就存在(例如「轉寄這個出去給N個朋友就送你 Nokia/Ericsson 電話/手提電腦」)。我跟隨十年的 http://breakthechain.org/ 就把流料分為十二類逐一拆解和提供參考,以鼓勵大家 break the chain。為何不採取「有放過冇殺錯」的態度,這裡也說得很好,我也很同意,在此不贅:http://breakthechain.org/about.html
(簡單來說,chain letters 不是「無傷大雅」和「寧可信其有」的!)

所以我的 email policy 是不接受來歷不明的 forwarded messages 的,胡亂寄來,我會鬧人!

好,這只是事情的開端!

由於陸續看見朋友的 facebook status 換上這個,想到每一條都意味著再伸幾百條出去,我面慒慒逐一嘗試多事制止。然後在某一個不算相熟的朋友(姑且稱為Friend A)的 facebook 上發生了這樣的 comment thread:
Friend A 請注意!Facebook…(下省原文及第一個comment)

holli hollie Not true I think. It says it pairs ads with your friends' social actions only and that should be bound by privacy rules. And, although I can't access the linked official facebook blog at the moment, you can read from the graphic that it's false rumor (and it does sound like one!): http://www.shf.org/blog/?p=182

Friend B Good Job~ Friend A

Friend C Thanks Friend A, after reading this, I immediately checked and found it, now I have settled the thing, thanks!!!

Friend D 我set 左喇~~~

Friend E Very helpful message, thanks Friend A

Friend C I suggest holli hollie to check her facebook account by herself and do the setting, instead of believing the blog saying it is a rumour....^^

Friend F Thank you very much for yr. message. This is very very useful & important.

holli hollie Friend C, actually the first thing I did was to check it out myself and found out its not true. (The description was just not what you read from this alert.) Then I found out the official facebook blog stated that it's a rumour just like other hoaxes.

Friend C Of course facebook would like to defense herself. The truth is now many friends of A are happy after setting the Privacy Setting. ^^ Have a nice day & thanks for your kindness. ^^

holli hollie Friend C, as you like. What I want to say is the privacy setting on that page is about a totally different thing. You may want to read it again. It's about using your facebook social actions/behaviour to decide what ads appear. It's a fact and not an opinion. Btw, it's just like other virus hoaxes or misinformation on the Internet that some people initiate with bad intention and possibly harmful consequences. I hope I'm making myself clear and let me stop here.

Friend C You have been making things clear, why have to copy the words once again? Goodbye and have a nice day.
不經過濾把消息傳開去的行為不算新聞。Friend B, D, E, F 若果貴人事忙沒看到我已經很客氣的說了這是 misinformation 也不必介意,但 Friend C 的反智真的叫我大開眼界(她的英文還不錯,不會是理解有障礙)。O 嘴之餘,是真的無話可說。對,整件事是真是假,轉了setting有用沒用,有何相干?最緊要你喜歡,that's the TRUTH!

時間差唔多(=快要氣絕身亡),點兩隻歌畀大家聽:
《直角等於三角形》(sorry只得歌詞)

紋身 便覺與幫會接近
聲名夠響 便算是神
表情夠扭曲演戲便動人

立說著書 便算位專家顧問
歌詞夠狠便聽得興奮
操潮汕口音必滿腔怒憤

像混在四周 資訊太亂太多
觀感知覺 最終不勝負荷過
人麻木了變蠢變笨

事事獨看最淺最白最表面成分
疑團小節矛盾隱喻不過問
只靠直覺感受評定事與人

大聲 便覺得粗鄙過份
斯文有錢是社會達人
丹田氣震音必博得共振

像混在四周 資訊太亂太多
觀感知覺 最終不勝負荷過
人麻木了變蠢變笨

事事獨看最淺最白最表面成分
疑團小節矛盾隱喻不過問
只靠直覺感受評定事與人

將萬物簡單化 小事遺漏了算吧
蠢鈍做人有益消化 臀部來做腦袋好嗎

只會著眼表面成分
疑團小節矛盾隱喻不過問
依靠直覺感受評定事與人

自動自覺望向最顯眼和最簡易成分
牛和風馬畫上等號 不發現疑問
只靠直覺感受來評定愛恨

《年度悲歌》(事關呢期興「反智」!)


周老闆,你真是先知!

* KO=knock out,在拳擊賽中是被擊倒(我想也是打機時被打瓜)的意思。

5 comments:

Kindergarten-mate said...

Hi Kindergarten-mate.
I was about to write a comment to our old-schoolmate's status too. But then after all, it's our old school-mate, I don't wanna add some more "tension" between Friend C and you. hahaah.
But I love your wise advice. And it's true, I was a bit shocked about Friend C's blind action too.
You may hate me to say this:
I think Friend C is a tYPiCal HKer.

:P

(so you are not typical, obviously.)

kindergarten-mate

holli hollie said...

Kindergarten-mate 你好嘢呀袖手旁觀 and made me feel so silly ah ha.

我已經好克制唔喺朋友個facebook駁火......係咪我過敏呢......

kindergarten-mate said...

haha, Holly dear.
Not that I want to 袖手旁觀... just as you said someone determined to 反智, what else can we do?
no worry, i think you did a great job to control yourself. you have said what you ought to say in a very polite and modest way. just somehow for unknown reason your "opponent" was provoked.

alonglongjourney said...

我覺得我好醒添。
我見到好多人post呢個message,但我懷疑其可信性,所以一直無理到。
這次你證實了我的懷疑。
還是你棒,這麼有求真精神!

pantene

holli hollie said...

Pun, 棒? I think that's my curse -_-'''